Saturday, November 14, 2009

We're OFF to see the judges, the wonderful judges of MA!

Tomorrow we go to show! I am bringing my 9 year old son, Alex and his black Jersey Wooly Jr. buck Morphious (also from Tina, Nutty Buckeye! lol).
I am bringing 8 rabbits, TO MY SECOND SHOW! My mother and husband think I'm crazy.
I can't see anything crazy for all the Angora wool stuffed in my ears.
My motto: GO BIG OR GO HOME!
I figure it's the last show of the 2009 season, and I want remarks on all of my Jr.s, a few of which will become Sr.s over the winter and will be bred, and I want body remarks on a Sr. buck I have who just blew on me but still has the 1.5" on him to go to show. I plan to use this buck (Platt's Peter, broken agouti) for a whole generation of breeding's this winter, so I want to make damn well sure he has a nice body on him before I do that.
So, going to show are Peter, Artanna, Rain, Expresso, Leo, Courage, Trinity, and Morphious. I am MAKING SURE I have no empty holes in my carriers to bring home more rabbits, though I could use another JW doe to breed with Morphious (Shhhh! Don't tell Keith).
And Keith is not coming. It will be just Me, my Mom, and Alex. He is showing his rabbit in the JW speciality.

I might just be jinxing myself but for some reason I have a good feeling about this show. Going over Artanna yesterday, she oozes type and she has a rocking body. Her guard hairs are right 1/2 above her underwool in clear sight and they are abundant. Her butt is to die for. She poses perfectly. She is destined to be a star, I can see it. I have known enough animals to know when they have they look about them. The BLOOM. For a Jr. she is young, but she is top of her game for a young Jr. right now. I literally cannot wait to see what she does as a Sr.
Both judges in Fulton told me she was one to watch and was a "keeper".
I could see the look on Ms. Helen Bose's (the judge) face when she had my doe in her hands, she saw it too! She winked at me when she gave her back!

Anyway, New Englanders, you better watch out! Joie De Vive is coming to show and we are going to win!
Okay maybe not, but the optimism never hurts right?

And my motto again, GO BIG OR GO HOME!
Well I'm going big baby. Let's see how we do!
Updates tomorrow. Hopefully pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment