Thursday, September 30, 2010

Creme Delivers, some Originals leave, and a Newcomer!

My favorite doe, JDV's Creme Brulee a broken Lilac Cream Tort gave me 6 beautiful bouncing bunnies sired by one of my favorite bucks, Celtic Hare's Whiskey O' (Self Chocolate) late on the rainy evening of 9/28/2010.
All of my girls seem to wait for rain or bad weather to deliver :-)

We have the following:
3 Blacks
2 Broken Reds
1 Lilac Tort

She sort of read the genetic prediction this time which said I should only get Lilac Tort, Choc. Tort, Chocolate and Lilac with a 50% chance of broken... The last time I bred her to Whiskey for her first litter she had 3 kits, 1 Red, 1 Broken Red, and a Black! Following in her mothers footsteps, she continues to throw Red.
I was really hoping for a Lilac Tort buck to go with my Lilac Tort doe, AVA's Persephone. I sexed the little bugger yesterday and he is indeed a buck! We will wait to see what kind of body he has to make the decision on whether he is a keeper or not. Creme is an excellent Mom, all babies are clean, fat and active!

The Blacks and Broken Reds will most likely be for sale. In typical Creme fashion, the Brokens MAY have too much color as they are blaket pattern Brokens. If so they will be available at Wooler only prices and will go without pedigrees and marked as Woolers in their ears.
They will be ready for new homes by the first week of December for Woolers, and by Christmas for show quailty babies which I do not sell until 12 weeks to insure proper conformation.
If you are interested you can contact me privately at LadyLeonard84@aol.com


On another note, yesterday three rabbits very close to my heart left my barn for a new home in CT.
Two of them are from my original set bought from Tina of Nutty Buckeye. NB's Courage (Tort. Buck), and NB's Mystic Raines (Steel Doe) as well as JDV Nutmeg's Tobi (Copper Doe of Megan's) have gone to live on an Alpaca farm with a wonderful woman named Shari who plans to use their wool to blend with her lovely Alpaca fiber, Shari also owns JDV's Cassanova a REW buck out of my now retired guy Platt's Peter.
Both girls left bred so hopefully Shari has some gorgeous kits in the nestbox in a month or so!
Congrats Shari on adding this beautiful trio to your farm!


This coming weekend I will be welcoming Spang's Massimo into my herd as a up and coming show bunny and breeding buck. I am very excited to bring some Spang size into my herd and I have waited quite awhile to get a buck from her. I specifically wanted a son of Spang's Giacomo, a stunning Tort. buck and I got that in Massimo, along with his gorgeous Sable Pearl color! I am told he is a big boy already with nice bone and will be a great show rabbit. Thank you Amy for letting me add this boy to my herd!


I'm just warming up on my breedings. I currently have 4 girls bred and due next month:
MG's Calypso (Fawn sired by Spang's Dijon) X NB's Leo (Grand Champion Fawn) Due- 10/12/2010
NB's Sunflower (Red) X JDV's Montgomery (Red) Due- 10/23/2010
NB's Artanna (REW) X NB's King of Spades (Black) Due- 10/24/2010
JDV's Fancy Pants (Black Tort.) X NB's Courage (Tort.) Due- 10/28/2010

I'll be back to add pictures in a little bit ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment